Friday, November 16, 2012

one month checkup

Enora had her one month check-up today. She measured in with a 38cm head circumference, 21.5 inches long (still shorter than her birth height of 21.75in, thanks to her cone head!) and weighed in at 9 lbs, 12 ounces - all of which are above average.  We were surprised at her weight! The doctors and websites said babies gain about 5 ounces each week (at least early on) so we were thinking she'd be 8.5 to 9 pounds by now, but she's so much heavier than we expected. It's all good though. She can finally "fit" into her 0-3 month sized clothes, so it's been fun getting to dress her up in other things now.

I promised pictures from her one month photoshoot, which ended up being a giant cryfest. Luckily she fell asleep for about 2 minutes in the chair and was slightly content lying on the floor, so I got a couple good shots. The wicker chair is actually quite special to me - my mom received it at her baby shower for me, so it's at least as old as I am! It hung around in my room when I was younger, too, and I hope when she's older that she'll sit in it and read stories...we might just need to get a comfy cushion for it first. But the plan is to take the same picture every month of her in the chair, so we can see how much she grows.  The backdrop is actually one of the curtains from the nursery.. and yes, some day I _will_ post pictures of it, once it gets a little more complete. I'm slow at decorating!






1 comment: