Sunday, December 2, 2012

7 weeks already

Enora is sleeping for the time being, so I have a chance to write!

Our little girl is already 7 weeks old. How fast time passes!  I am going back to work tomorrow and am a little nervous, mostly about the lack of sleep and having to drive to Ann Arbor and back. I've had lots of practice these past few weeks with sleep deprivation and having to function, so it hopefully won't be too bad.

One thing that will help me on my way to work is my new car! My trusty old focus has been such a wonderful car, but after finding out the bottom something-or-other was rusting out and some wheel bearings or whatnot needed to be replaced (ask Keith if you want to know the real names), it was deemed that my car was not safe for driving on the freeway. Fixing everything was going to cost more than we wanted, so we decided to finally get me a new car.  Since the new model came out, I had my heart set on getting a Ford Taurus (although it was always more than we could afford) but when the new model Fusion came out my heart skipped a beat and said this is what I've been waiting for!  It luckily was in our price range (thanks to the A-plan courtesy of my dad) and I'm now the proud owner of a 2013 Fusion! I haven't driven it much yet, but so far I love it. It drives so smoothly and it's really sleek.  I feel like a grown-up driving it!



This might be crazy talk so early on, but I am trying to get Enora into a routine at night. After her last feeding for the evening (sometime between 7 and 9 pm) I give her a bath or just wipe her down with water, read a few stories, then put her to bed. It's definitely a work in progress (she really does not like relaxing for a story after her bath!) but I think it's a pretty standard routine that we'll hopefully get down someday and carry out through toddlerhood and beyond.

Overall, Enora is doing really well. She is getting much better at holding up her head and, although she dislikes tummy time, she is starting to do those baby push-ups where she can lift her chest up too. If she's angry enough she can even push herself around in a circle.

She's not holding her head up here but I just think she looks so tiny and cute!

There ya go!

She makes lots of cooing and grunting noises and she's even smiled and laughed at us! I *think* her first official non-farting, non-sleeping smile was at Keith the morning of her 1 month appointment. I got my first smile on November 19th.
We're not all smiles around here!


Now that she's getting bigger she can finally fit into a lot of the clothes that she has been gifted, which means picture time!  My goal is to take a picture of her in all of the outfits she's received. We'll see if I can keep it up!

She has lots and lots of pink outfits ( I also think she looks like she's rapping/dancing in this pic...)

There's my smiley baby!

She enjoys making funny faces

She has a crooked smile like her mom

Bless you!

So serious!

Now it's time for me to sleep.. here's hoping I can function tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment