Thursday, December 13, 2012

two months

Happy two months, Enora!


Our little girl is growing up so fast. Her two-month checkup isn't until Monday, so I won't know her official weight or height until then, but she must be doing well because she eats a ton: Four to six ounces at each feeding!

The yellow booties she is wearing in her picture were made by my Nonna, aka her Nonna/great-grandmother. She was quite squirmy on picture day and didn't want to smile, but at least she didn't cry like last time! 

Compared to last month she is doing great at tummy time - although she still hates it, she can lift her head up higher and much longer now. She recognizes both mommy and daddy's voice and can follow us around a room. I think her favorite thing ever (other than food and sleeping) is getting her diaper changed - she will almost instantly calm down if she's crying and that is the best time for me to get lots of smiles out of her. I'll sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and "Hokey-pokey" to her and give her lots of Kisses! from me and her lovies. 

One thing we'd loooove for her to do is sleep through the night. The longest she has gone is 5 hours (yay!) but she still wakes up about every 3 hours during the night. She will sleep much longer if she's in bed with us, but we try not to do that often unless we really need the sleep or we want to get an extra hour in the mornings. When she's three months old our plan is to transition her to her crib in her room (maybe I'll have it all decorated by then...)...right now she is sleeping in the pack n' play in our room.



As for me - I'm now in my second week back at work and so far it hasn't been too bad. I've managed to get up, get ready, feed her, and make it in to work at a reasonable time every day.  A big thank you goes to my mom and mother-in-law for watching Enora while we're at work.  I really hope you two don't get burnt out! I'm definitely exhausted all day, though, and have upped my coffee consumption to two cups a day. That probably isn't much for some, but this is coming from a girl who used to despise it! Of course I need to mask the flavor as I still can't stand it on it's own, but hot chocolate packets work wonders.  

Anyway, I will update again soon with her 2 month stats and more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment