Thursday, December 27, 2012

First Christmas

Well, the holidays got me! They wrapped me up and took away all of my time and energy and said no blog-writing for you! Enora is currently sleeping (on my lap on the boppy.. I should probably put her in her crib but she looks so peaceful!), I'm not *too* tired, and I don't have anything pressing to finish, therefore you get a blog post.

I left off with Enora's 2 month pictures, but since then we visited the doctor for her 2-month appointment and found out that all is well with her. She measured in at 11 pounds 13 ounces, 22.75 inches long and her head is 39.5cm around, which is 75th percentile for head and weight, and just over 50th for height.  That means she gained 2 pounds in one month! I don't know what's normal but that seems like so much to me.  She got her vaccinations that day and came down with a low fever that night (poor baby!) but after some medicine she was fine again.

We visited Santa for the first time at the Henry Ford museum. Note to self - their Santa was awesome and free! You just have to bring a camera and you can take your own pics at no cost. woo!  Enora did really well - no crying or fussing - but she has some hilarious angry faces in her pictures!



We got a really nice family picture too, courtesy of one of the workers:



I also took some christmas photos of her, which I think turned out pretty well...

smiley baby!

love her little tongue!

I love her look in the picture on the right but I really hate how the blanket looks in the silver tub! I need to pay more attention to that stuff next time.. pretty blankets = happy lydia


my sleeping angel

She seems so wise to me in this picture

I crocheted the hat.. photoshopped the letters just like I did for her Halloween picture. I think this will be a tradition of sorts.. Be on the look out for a valentine's day picture!

On the 23rd we had brunch with Keith's dad and his sister, Janet. We've been doing this for several years now, where Keith makes a traditional Ukrainian meal of beet soup and pierogies and Janet supplies some delicious dessert. We've had stuffed cabbage in the past and have even made our own pierogies from scratch before, but we took it easy this year and used pre-made ones.

That night we hung out with my high school friends, several who were in town for the holidays, at a christmas party complete with a white elephant gift exchange. I won some amazing Prince earrings..

Auntie Claire! plus me and the earrings, and Enora who looks so thrilled

On Christmas eve we went to my Nonna's house for our annual christmas eve dinner. Enora got to hang out with her cousin, Anna, and was pretty much passed around from family member to family member the whole night! The same thing happened at the christmas party the night before. Enora must be fun to hold!

They're working on the whole hugging thing

laughing baby!

Then it was Christmas!  We didn't buy a lot for Enora as I knew she would get a lot from family members, but I wanted to get some special/fun things. She got Brave on dvd, The Lorax on dvd, a musical stuffed panda, and a set of alphabet blocks with numbers and baby animals on them, handmade in Michigan. I'd list off the other things she got from family and friends but there are so many!  She got clothes, toys, ornaments, formula, diapers,wipes, and money, which will go directly into her college savings account (yup - she already has one!).

Baby girl did not want to wake up and open her presents that day! She got up around 7:30 for her morning feeding, but kept falling asleep while eating. Keith and I took advantage of this rare moment and got our showers in and even opened up our own presents. She finally started waking up around 8:30, finished eating, and "opened" her presents too. Here are some fun pictures from the day...

Our tree at night

I only wrapped one of her presents.. this is her blocks set

What's on my head!?!?

Loot!

Daddy and baby

 This is as close as I could get to a smile. I bought the onesie but the headband is from Aunt Julie, Shannon and Alison!

Later we went to brunch at Maga (Keith's mom) and Bob's house...

Christmas brunch with Auntie Janet!

And ended the day at my mom and dad's (nana and nonno's) for dinner. 

Hanging out with Nonna


That's all I have for now, folks. I should probably go to bed!  I hope you all had a merry Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice/etc! and I wish you a wonderful new year!

2 comments: