Monday, March 17, 2014

17 months

Happy seventeen months, Enora!

I'd like to say that I waited to post this until the 17th on purpose, but that would be a big fat lie. No good excuse.. just been busy and, well, unmotivated lately. Anyway, on with Enora!

This month...
  • Your vocabulary has improved a little, in that you can kinda say kitty, Gryphon, and Chloe, and sometimes you say up. You love talking and babbling and I love listening to it, even though it's mostly gibberish.
  • You're starting to feed yourself with spoons and forks. You have a long way to go still, as half of your food ends up in your bib or high chair, but it's really fun to watch!
  • You love trying to dress yourself and put on your shoes (and mine!)
  • You really love "reading" now and having books be read to you. Your favorites lately are Goodnight Gorilla and Caterpillar's Springtime Day.
  • You love dancing! Anytime music comes on or a familiar theme song from a tv show, you'll start waving your arms and wiggling
  • You have gotten better at imitating an elephant sound and a dog, but you don't do much for other animals (or if you do, it's the same as an elephant!).
  • You are much better at waving bye, and almost always do it on command. But no waving hi yet!
  • Your hair is getting longer but you hate having bows/clips/etc in it and take them out almost immediately. I did manage to put in some pigtails the other day. 
  • You enjoy brushing your teeth - we have made this part of your bedtime routine but you also like to brush when mommy and daddy are brushing too. Yay for oral hygiene!
  • Shhh.. don't tell Enora but we're starting to wean her off her pacifier, at least during play time. 

I really haven't taken a lot of pictures lately (what's up with that??) but I have taken a few videos.

Here's Enora loving on Gryphon, and you get to see how she waves bye at the end.

And here she is dancing, although not as much as she usually does. 

Lastly, Enora being silly, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment