Saturday, May 31, 2014

wedding weekend

While Enora was having a fantabulous (yet fever-ridden) weekend with Auntie Claire, Keith and I were having a blast at our friends' wedding in South Carolina.

We left around 6am Thursday morning, but due to rain and several accidents on the way, we didn't get there until 11pm!! That's 17 hours of driving!
Rain, rain, go away

Found this sign in a parking deck elevator in West Virginia. Be nice!

Big tunnel heading into Virginia

 North Carolina.. where all the trouble started

 This overtuned semi didn't help..

But once we got there, we enjoyed a lovely two days of sunshine and relaxation









The wedding itself was beautiful! They couldn't have asked for more perfect weather or location. The ceremony and reception took place at Sewee Preserve in Awendaw. We got to ride this awesome 57 bus from our resort to the wedding:


 I stupidly left my spare camera battery back at the resort (what was I thinking?) so I really only got pictures of the ceremony.
Overlooking the beautiful lake

 First Kiss!

 The happy couple!

Their cake was delicious.. complete with a bobblehead version of them!  They also had cornhole, homemade popsicles in different flavors, and a live band!

Beautiful details...


 and a beautiful first dance!

My friends who remembered their batteries took lots of pictures, so I guess I don't feel too bad for leaving mine. At least I got Keith and I as my last shot of the night!

 We didn't stay until the end of the wedding (where they had a sparkler send off!!) since we had to get up at 5am to drive home the next day, but overall we had a great time and I would love to go back and visit the Charleston area again.

Luckily we had good weather and good traffic for our trip home, so it only took 15 hours!

Home sweet home


No comments:

Post a Comment