I've been doing a terrible job of updating this blog! Sorry everyone. The past 3 weeks have been a little crazy as we've been trying to fix up our house and clean it as much as possible in preparation for our 3rd baby shower. Keith needs a vacation after all of that work!
The shower was a great success! In case I haven't explained it before, I had three showers basically because we have so many friends and family! And instead of having one large shower where I'd barely get to talk to anyone, we split it up into smaller groups. Shower #1 was my high school friends, shower #2 was family and friends of my mom/mother-in-law, shower #3 was my sorority sisters, fraternity brothers' wives/girlfriends, and, well, everyone else who didn't fit into the other categories, haha!
Thankfully the weather cooperated and we were able to have the shower in our backyard. We borrowed all of the chairs and tables from friends and family - thank you! - and we owned two of the three canopies.
We had a great day!
Since I haven't updated in a while I'll give you a sneak peek of the nursery (though some of you have seen it already). It's definitely not complete and we have a lot of stuff to put away, but you'll get the idea.
The banner over the windows is just temporary until we hang up the curtains, but I think it looks really cute! We found the banner at party city and the polka dots surprisingly match the polka dots on my organizer bins.
Here is the crib and the birdie balloon from the shower. We have not put a crib sheet on it yet nor do I have a bed skirt. Debating if I actually want one. The fabric hanging in the middle is actually one of the curtains! We just need to buy a rod.
And now, my 35 week picture! I did not take one for weeks 33 or 34, sorry! Just got caught up in shower stuff, I guess.
As for how *I* am doing.. I'm doing pretty great, actually. We reached our goal date of 34 weeks (hooray!) so my doctors took me off of bed rest. It's nice to be able to walk around stores again, but I am definitely out of shape after all of that sitting and laying down. Exhaustion is kicking in again and I feel like I can never get enough sleep. Too bad I can't just nap all day. I guess it's nesting time now that all of my showers are done, and I can finally get started on or finish all of the projects I have in mind for the nursery. Baby girl can come any time she wants, but I'd love it if she stayed in until October!





No comments:
Post a Comment