Wednesday, July 31, 2013

i'm 30!

Holy cow, I turned 30! I am officially old now. No offense to all of you seniors who turned 30 before I did :-P

We celebrated my birthday the night before, at a restaurant with 23 (!) of my friends. Too bad I didn't get a group shot, but I got a picture with almost everyone.





Afterward a smaller group and I went bar hopping around Dearborn...




And a tiny group ended the night at Howell's!


There are way, way too many pictures to post here.

The day of my actual birthday Keith, Enora, and I went to the Maker Faire at the Henry Ford. We went last year on my birthday too (maybe this could be a birthday tradition?), except I was pregnant and in a wheelchair because I was on bed rest.  I understand now just how difficult it is for disabled people to get around in a wheelchair, and how thankful I am to be able to walk with my baby girl in my arms (er.. stroller..).   The faire was more interesting this year too, perhaps because I could see more and look at what I wanted, not just where Keith pushed me, haha.

 This car was covered in tons of old toys, among other things

There were lots of 3D printers and robots. This one was a pumpkin carving bot

a rideable X-Wing!

Enora as a hot dog

On Monday we celebrated both my birthday and my mom's, as hers is two days after mine. We have a tradition of going to Andiamo so we hit up the new and improved Andiamo Steakhouse in Dearborn. I enjoyed my steak, but everything was just as expensive as the other fancy steakhouses where you get more of a personal experience, so I'm not sure if it's worth it compared to say, Morton's. Tasty food, though, if you don't mind the price.



Anyway, I had a great birthday and got some great presents (new camera bag and tripod! necklaces! gift cards! a watering can!) and am eagerly awaiting what this year of oldness brings me.

No comments:

Post a Comment