Happy seven months, Anika!
You don't actually expect me to post on time anymore, right? Anika's seven month photoshoot (which occurred on May 10th!) included no smiles, except for that mischievous little look she gave in that first picture with a hint of a smile. I think she was ready to eat and despite all my fake sneezing (yes she still loves that) she just didn't care about anything but food.
On that note, Anika is working her way through all the different foods. Peaches, green beans, prunes, and sweet potatoes can be added to her list. I think apples are giving her a diaper rash, just like they did with Enora, so I think we'll stay away from those for a while. Fun fact: bananas make Anika's poop gray!
Keith's mom, who watches Anika 2-3 days a week, is having knee surgery soon, which means she can't watch Anika anymore (at least not until she is fully healed) and therefore Anika will be starting day care full time in June. I think it will be good for her, just like it was with Enora, because she'll get to interact (as best as she can as a 7-month old) with other kids.
Anika loves grabbing at everything now and puts everything in her mouth. She especially loves to chew on blankets and paper. Weird, right? We have all these toys that are meant to be chewed on but she'd rather go for that bank statement or burp cloth. She still does not have any teeth.. I've been saying for months now that I think they're on their way but heck.. Maybe she won't get any until after she turns one.
She is as smiley and happy as ever. She loves kicking her feet and watching Enora. She is awesome at moving around without crawling.. she just rolls from her back to stomach and back again until she gets to where she wants to go. She also magically scoots around without me seeing.. one moment she'll be sitting on a blanket and the next she'll be three feet forward playing with whatever toy she dragged along with her. She's good at propping herself up, and I've tried to help her bring up her knees so she can practice crawling but she just laughs and kicks out her feet. Silly girl.
I love her bunches. I am starting to think she has Keith's nose. And yes, she has a lot of pink dresses. I didn't buy any of them except her one month outfit.






She loves Jake too! She'll scoot over to him if they're both on the ground.
ReplyDelete