Sunday, June 28, 2015

eight months - Anika

Happy eight months, Anika!


It's still June!  

And as of June 20, Anika is crawling!! And she is REALLY good at it. She can also go from lying down to sitting to crawling to sitting to lying down again. Enora didn't even crawl until she was 10 months. She loves to follow me around the house, which is so frickin adorable.  

She says the sound "mama" now so I'll take that as her first word! Enora said "dada" first. 

Still no teeth. Someday...

Anika can clap her hands and she loves being thrown in the air and play falling (where I tilt her back and bring her up again).  She loves swinging, which is especially great because daddy just finished building their playscape today!

She's in day care full time now and has been doing really well. All the teachers love her smiles...  Part of the reason I chose this solemn look for this month's picture since it gives some contrast. Adorable and curious. 

She is mostly wearing 9 month clothes now, but she still fits into 6 months.  She has eaten a lot more foods.. but I really haven't been keeping track of them this time around. They're mostly pureed, other than some baby mum-mums (melt-in-your-mouth rice crackers) and Nonno's pastina. I just realized we started Enora on puffs and whatnot around this age, so perhaps we should start with Anika. 

Anika loves sticking her fingers in my mouth so I can pretend bite them. Practically every time she sneezes two huge blobs of snot come out her nose. She just finished 10 days of antibiotics for an ear infection. Her only symptoms were a slight fever one day and was pretty clingy at day care. Just like her sister...

She is a really good sleeper. She lets you know when she's tired (will put up a fight if she's not!) and can be rocked to sleep in just a few minutes (usually, of course!!). She'll sleep for about 11-12 hours at night, and 20 minutes - 2 hours at her nap times.


A happy pose

curious

 Pretty much straight out of the camera shot..Thought it looked like a pic from the 70s or 80s.

happy

and more happy!


1 comment: