Tuesday, July 3, 2012

25

Keith and I had a fantastic time in Seattle. We did a lot of touristy things like the Ride the Ducks tour (which was fantastic) and visiting the Public Market and the Space Needle.  We ended the trip at the National Homebrewers Conference in Bellevue and had a great time there. Imagine having hundreds of different types of beer at your fingertips practically 24/7. Obviously I'd be able to partake in the festivities more if I weren't pregnant, but I still had fun, and Keith definitely enjoyed himself.

Unfortunately I do have a bit of not so good news this week.  I found out at my monthly OBGYN appointment that my cervix is much shorter than it should be, and therefore my doctor put me on modified bed rest. Basically I get to be a couch potato from here on out. That means no long bouts of walking/standing, no trips to the grocery store, no heavy lifting, etc.  It also means that I am at risk for pre-term labor.  I've received two steroid shots to help mature baby girl's lungs just in case I do deliver early, but there are a few positive findings in all of this:  a test (fFN) determined that my body is not preparing to deliver yet, my cervix is closed (not dilated) and baby girl is not pushing on my cervix.  So as long as I take it easy I should be able to make it to 34 weeks, which is our goal. Of course any longer than that is great, but we are going to do whatever we can to get me to 34 weeks. 

I'm doing my best to stay positive about all this. Other good news is that my doctor said I can go to work since all I do is sit all day, and I'm also "allowing" myself to go to events and whatnot as long as I can sit down at the event. I also now have appointments every two weeks to check up on things, so keep your fingers crossed that my cervix doesn't get any shorter, that way I can attend my baby showers!

Speaking of showers (yes, plural) in my 25 week picture below I'm holding the adorable dragonfly invitation my mom and I picked out for my family shower. Invitations will be going out later this week so don't worry if you have not received one yet. 

Keith's birthday was yesterday so we went out to a local bar with some friends to celebrate - yes he still wanted more beer even after the conference! We have some low-key plans for the 4th and a couple events to attend this weekend. Don't worry - I will be sitting down at all of them!  I hope you all have a great 4th of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment